D.C. Dictionary: The Diner Slang Dictionary
Random Diner Slang
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 results
- very rare
- Well-dressed diner:
- Honeymoon salad:
- lettuce alone
- prunes, so called because of their supposed laxative effect.
- Bucket of cold mud:
- a bowl of chocolate ice cream
- Yum Yum:
- sugar -Synonyms: Sand
- bring items together for cleaning up, i.e. marry the salt and pepper.
- Shit on a shingle:
- minced dried beef with gravy on toast, mostly because it was a reviled standard fare in army messes -Synonyms: S.O.S.
- Windmill Cocktail:
- glass of water -Synonyms: Adam's ale, City juice, Dog soup
- Flop two, over easy:
- fried egg flipped over (carefully!) and the yolk is still very runny. That means the other side is cooked for a few seconds