D.C. Dictionary: The Diner Slang Dictionary
Random Diner Slang
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 results
- Beef Stick:
- Give it shoes:
- an order to go, a takeaway order. Itís to go. -Synonyms: Go for a walk, Let it walk, On wheels
- Soup jockey:
- Fry two:
- 2 fried eggs with unbroken yolks -Synonyms: Let the sun shine
- Blue-plate special:
- a dish of meat, potato, and vegetable served on a plate (usually blue) sectioned in three parts. This can also refer to the daily special.
- bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich
- Shingle with a shimmy and a shake:
- buttered toast with jam or jelly, hence the reference to 'shake'.
- Zeppelins in a fog:
- sausages and mashed potatoes