D.C. Dictionary: The Diner Slang Dictionary
Random Diner Slang
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 results
- minced dried beef with gravy on toast, mostly because it was a reviled standard fare in army messes -Synonyms: Shit on a shingle
- garlic -Synonyms: Bronx vanilla, Italian Garlic
- Honeymoon salad:
- lettuce alone
- coffee -Synonyms: Joe
- Radar Range:
- microwave oven, from the Amana Radarange, whose parent company, Raytheon, was the first to manufacture and market the microwave oven.
- Coney Island:
- a hot dog, so called because hot dogs were popularly associated with the stands on Coney Island. -Synonyms: Coney Island chicken
- Shit on a shingle:
- minced dried beef with gravy on toast, mostly because it was a reviled standard fare in army messes -Synonyms: S.O.S.