D.C. Dictionary: The Diner Slang Dictionary
Random Diner Slang
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 results
- On wheels:
- an order to go, a takeaway order. Itís to go. -Synonyms: Give it shoes, Go for a walk, Let it walk
- Canned cow:
- evaporated milk
- In the alley:
- served as a side dish
- bring items together for cleaning up, i.e. marry the salt and pepper.
- Baked beans, so called because of the supposed flatulence they cause. -Synonyms: Bullets, Saturday night
- poached egg
- prunes, so called because of their supposed laxative effect.
- Skid Grease:
- butter -Synonyms: Axle grease, Cow paste
- On a Rail:
- fast, as in "Fries, on a rail!"
- Oh jay (O.J.):
- orange juice -Synonyms: Sun kiss